Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Basic 8x16 White Ceramic Tile
This minimalist designed polished ceramic tile would make a striking backsplash for your kitchen or bring a modern touch to your fireplace or any other decorated spot in your home. *Small quantities of square footage is available, if needed to finish the project.
- 8" x 16"
- 0.88 Sq. Ft.
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- MOHS (Scratch Resistant)
- Shade Variation
- Water Absorption
- < 20%
- DCOF Rating Wet (slip resistance)
- < 0.42
- Breaking Strength
- 100-230 lbs.
Shaken or Stirred?The first recruiting station of the U.S. Marines was a bar.
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 13 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreNeeded a large scale ceramic to tie into a sleek/marble bathroom in an industrial farmhouse new build.Rachel B on Mar 14, 2018White large tiles will make our small bathroom look biggerKavanmeet S on Feb 5, 2018Needed a large scale ceramic to tie into a sleek/marble bathroom in an industrial farmhouse new build.Rachel B on Mar 14, 2018does the basic 8x16 white tile offer a bottom "cove" base piece or a top trim piece?I wanted to buy this tile just for my shower, and I definitely don't need 400 sq ft worth of it. Is there any way to get a smaller amount?BEST ANSWER: How many square feet do you need?Is this tile matte or glossy? THanks!BEST ANSWER: Its glossy, bright white, more white than most white tiling that often has a yellow tintCan I put this tile on shower wall? I need 8x10 so can you cut the tiles to give me about 6 tiles cut to 8x10?BEST ANSWER: This can be used on a shower wall, but the tile is sold as is. Customers are perfectly free to cut tile after purchase as necessary.Are the edges of the tile cut square or are they slightly rounded?BEST ANSWER: The edges of this tile are not cut square; they are slightly rounded.Is there a matching 2"hexagon floor tile we can order for the showers we are installing the 8 x 15 basic white tile in, in this same white?BEST ANSWER: Whilst we do not carry an exact matching floor tile, we do have a few white hexagonal tiles that you might be able to use. I would highly recommend ordering samples to ensure the tiles will be to your liking. http://tilebar.com/shop-by-tile-shape-and-pattern/hexagon.html?p=1.Can this be used for a bathroom floor?BEST ANSWER: This tile should not be used on floors. Wall only tile.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer's recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all changes in plane in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is highly is recommended for all installations. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset such as Bostik Single-Flex Fast Set.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The optimal trowel size is a 9" Trowel - 1/8" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Both Sanded and Non-Sanded grouts are acceptable for use. We recommend Sanded grout for joints larger than 1/8 inch and Non-Sanded for 1/8th inches or less.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Polished Porcelain Maintenance Kit.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.