Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Utilizing subway tile for your backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor, or any decorated room within your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look and add a mixture of traditional and contemporary feel to your surroundings.
- 4" x 12"
- .33 sq ft
- 6 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Country of Origin
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- > 10%
- Breaking Strength
- > 600 N
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
The Book of Jonah is the only book in the Old Testament that contains no reference to wine or the vine.
Browse 9 questions Browse 9 questions and 50 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe kitchen project had a large amount of white from the cabinetry and the blanca arabescato quartz counters, while displaying a rich, dark, charcoal color for the island. For a Shaker Style kitchen, I also wanted texture to break up the linear aspects of this space. Santa Monica had the perfect blend of subtle texture and the gray was the right tone to split the difference between the white perimeter cabinetry and the island. Can't wait to see it installed!!! :)Michael K on Mar 30, 2018Does it come in one piece or individual tiles ?BEST ANSWER: 33 individual 4x12 tiles per box.how much grout do i need?BEST ANSWER: If you're going to use one of our Bostik grouts, here is a tool to help you figure it out. http://www.bostik.com/us/tools-and-training/grout-calculator/. Barring that, your contractor/installer should be able to tell you once you've figured out all the specifications of your project. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.If anyone has a Sherwin Williams paint deck, could you tell me if this color is warmer gray like Useful Gray 7050 or Analytical Gray, right under it? Or cooler like Agreeable Grey?BEST ANSWER: It is not a warm grey like useful gray or a neutral gray like agreeable gray. It is closer to color family of SW 7668 March Wind. It is a true gray without griege or blue tones.Is there bullnose for this tile?BEST ANSWER: Yes, but only for the top, not the side. It is also very expensive. Rather than using bullnose, we used silver tile edging trim and it turned out very nice.Is there a floor edging piece for this tile?BEST ANSWER: We used this tile and found a pencil trim in assorted colors. The name is "Jolly" ceramic trim. We found it at a local tile store but try googling it to locate it. Home Depot may be able to order it for you. It's relatively inexpensive.can this be used for shower walls?BEST ANSWER: Yes, it can be used for shower walls or backsplash. We liked it very much, great size, texture and look.Would this tile match Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter?BEST ANSWER: I would recommend ordering a sample of the tile so that you can hold it up to the paint and see if you like it :)is this tile good for wet shower walls?BEST ANSWER: Yes, absolutely.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer's recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all changes in plane in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is highly is recommended for all installations. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset such as Bostik Single-Flex Fast Set.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The optimal trowel size is a 9" Trowel - 1/8" square notch.
- This tile is made by hand and is high fired. This causes a considerable amount of variation in size and thickness. With handmade tile we always recommend larger grout joints to account for these irregularities.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Both Sanded and Non-Sanded grouts are acceptable for use. We recommend Sanded grout for joints larger than 1/8 inch and Non-Sanded for 1/8th inches or less.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Polished Porcelain Maintenance Kit.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.