Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Visually striking in both color and composition, Azul Macauba Lappato is our newest marble-look porcelain tile that will effortlessly boost the aesthetic of your space to another level. Available in 24x24 and 24x48 formats, this exotic selection is the ideal choice to cure those winter blues, while also bringing a vibrancy and air of sophistication to a wide range of settings.
- 24" x 24"
- 3.87 sq. ft.
- Azul Blue
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Floor & Wall
- Country of Origin
- Available Sizes
- 24x24, 24x48
- PEI Rating
- Shade Variation
- Frost Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- DCOF Rating Wet (slip resistance)
- ≥ 0.42
- Breaking Strength
- 1300 N
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?The legendary beer brewing monkeys of Borneo actually make a crude version of wine. How do they do it? The monkeys deposit fruits and herbs into large holes in the beds of lava rock and mash it with sticks. Halidonte trees grow near the holes and sprinkle naturally occurring yeast into the holes. A little rain and time produces a strong wine.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe were looking for a pop of color in our master bathroom reno. This blue and gray will play along beautifully with the white and gray mosaics,Renovating on Aug 25, 2017We were looking for a pop of color in our master bathroom reno. This blue and gray will play along beautifully with the white and gray mosaics,Renovating on Aug 25, 2017I was looking for a sophisticated blue-gray tile for my shower wall. I live by the ocean but avoid all of those obvious signals. This has a subtle hint of waves to it. The sample is beautiful. All using the Nabi Sprig arctic blue on the same room.dolores d on Jun 26, 2017I was looking for a sophisticated blue-gray tile for my shower wall. I live by the ocean but avoid all of those obvious signals. This has a subtle hint of waves to it. The sample is beautiful. All using the Nabi Sprig arctic blue on the same room.dolores d on Jun 26, 2017Hello. How thick is the cultiva Azul macuba tile? I have room transition between the bathroom and bedroom. Thank youBEST ANSWER: This product is 10 mm thick.Is this tile available unglazed? I just got a sample and love it, but want to use it as flooring and want to use only unpolished tile so it's not too slippery. Thanks.BEST ANSWER: This tile is only available in a polished finish.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer's recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all changes in plane in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is highly is recommended for all installations. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset such as Bostik Single-Flex Fast Set.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The optimal trowel size is a 9" Trowel - 1/8" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Both Sanded and Non-Sanded grouts are acceptable for use. We recommend Sanded grout for joints larger than 1/8 inch and Non-Sanded for 1/8th inches or less.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.
Highly recommended to purchase the Polished Porcelain Maintenance Kit. Porcelain tile is resistant to germs and bacteria and it is also among the easiest of flooring materials to clean. You can clean your porcelain tile with a damp sponge mop. A solution of 1/4 cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons of water works best – allow time for drying. You can also sweep or vacuum. Although porcelain tile is by definition impervious, it is still possible for its surface to discolor. The following instructions explain how to clean porcelain tile surfaces.
For glazed porcelain tiles, use the following instructions for general cleaning:
- Sweep or vacuum loose dirt and dust from the floor. An untreated dry dust mop is recommended instead of a broom.
- Mop the floor with a mild cleaning solution (do not use wax, oil-based, or abrasive cleaners).
- Rinse the tile thoroughly with clean and clear water.
- Drying is also recommended – to increase the shine and to prevent water spots.
- Do not clean porcelain tile flooring with ammonia or with cleaners that contain bleach and/or acid. Acid and ammonia based cleaners may modify grout color.
- Do not use wax, oil-based, abrasive cleaners, or sealants.
- Agents that contain any dyes or colors are not recommended.
- Use rugs at entrances to prevent dirt and grit from being tracked onto the tile flooring from outdoors.
- Do not use steel wool pads, because loose steel particles may create rust stains in the grout.