Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Caleb Steel combines the characteristics of spun fabric with the durability of porcelain to create an aesthetic similar to that of woven canvas. Inspired by the intricate detail of handcrafted textiles, Caleb is the perfect choice to bring a chic ambiance to any space. If you desire a textured fabric-like surface for your next project, the Caleb Collection has got you covered.
- 16" x 48"
- 5.33 sq. ft.
- Steel Gray
- White Body Ceramic
- 10 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Country of Origin
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?To make a Mac & Cheese Shot, take macaroni, milk, Velveeta and add some rum. Drinker beware!
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer's recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all changes in plane in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is highly recommended for all installations. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset such as Bostik Single-Flex Fast Set.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16”; and not butt set.
- The optimal trowel size is a 9" Trowel - 1/8" square notch.
- The maximum offset percentage for this tile is 25%.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Both Sanded and Non-Sanded grouts are acceptable for use. We recommend Sanded grout for joints larger than 1/8 inch and Non-Sanded for 1/8 inch or smaller.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Unpolished Porcelain Maintenance Kit.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.