Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Design ElementsThis minimalist design would make a striking back splash for your kitchen or bring a modern touch to your fireplace or any other decorated spot in your home. *Small quantities of square footage are available, if needed to finish the project.
- 3" x 6"
- 0.12 sq. ft.
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- MOHS (Scratch Resistant)
- Shade Variation
- Water Absorption
- < 20%
- DCOF Rating Wet (slip resistance)
- < 0.42
- Breaking Strength
- 100-230 lbs.
Shaken or Stirred?The first recruiting station of the U.S. Marines was a bar.
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 10 answersHow many of these 3X6 tiles will be needed for a 27sq.ft. area?BEST ANSWER: This tile is priced and sold by the square foot, so you can just add your desired square footage to the cart. Please note that there is a minimum order requirement for this tile.If I wanted to use trim with this, what could I use?BEST ANSWER: I would recommend either the bullnose or a metal schluter strip.Other colors that are available?BEST ANSWER: This product is only available in white.where is this tile made?BEST ANSWER: This tile is made in ChinaDo I need bullnose for the ends doing around kitchen window and will have the end of Backsplash ending on a larger wall?BEST ANSWER: The tile is already beveled. If you'd like to use a bullnose, you should try looking at the non-beveled version of the tile, instead.does this tile come as individual tiles or in sheets?BEST ANSWER: These are sold as individual subway tiles, and they're sold by the sqft.What if I need a small amount of this tile? Other options for ordering??BEST ANSWER: Please contact the customer service line at 888-541-3840 for questions such as this.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer's recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all changes in plane in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is highly is recommended for all installations. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset such as Bostik Single-Flex Fast Set.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The optimal trowel size is a 9" Trowel - 1/8" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Both Sanded and Non-Sanded grouts are acceptable for use. We recommend Sanded grout for joints larger than 1/8 inch and Non-Sanded for 1/8th inches or less.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Polished Porcelain Maintenance Kit.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.