Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Zenith Carrara 6" x 18" Honed Marble Tile
This marble tile will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. Natural stones are products of nature, therefore, variations in color, pattern, texture, and veining will occur.
- 6" x 18"
- 0.75 sq. ft.
- White Carrera
Shaken or Stirred?
President Thomas Jefferson was the new U.S nation's first wine expert.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 4 answerswhat is the thickness of the tile?BEST ANSWER: This tile is .393" thick.The pictures show high contrast marbling. My sample is much more subtle. How do I know what I will be receiving? I need a lower contrast marbling effect.BEST ANSWER: Unfortunately no two pieces of marble are the same, so the variation will be very difficult to predict. Some pieces will have more variation than others.can you use carrera marble in a shower? If so, what kind of care would it require?BEST ANSWER: Yes, you can. Just proceed with caution and remember to waterproof and seal it properly. The moisture can cause the marble to lose it's sheen and show wear over time, so please keep this in mind.
You might try going with a marble-look porcelain tile instead.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.