Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Wooden Beige 4x12 Honed Marble Tile
This minimalist design would make a striking back splash for your kitchen or bring a modern touch to your fireplace or any other decorated spot in your home. This is a natural material and will have a color variation.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 3 pieces per sq. ft.
- Wooden Beige
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
President Theodore Roosevelt took more than 500 gallons of beer with him on an African safari.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWould this be ok to use on a shower wall?BEST ANSWER: You'd have to seal it very thoroughly, and reseal on a regular basis. And you could not use any harsh/chemical cleaners. This is a natural stone tile, with a honed finish, and therefore not at all moisture resistant. I used these tiles in a (gorgeous) backsplash, and they're great in that sort of application - dry, no impacts or pressure. I personally would not use them in a shower. Hope this helps - good luck!is this suitable for flooring in an entranceway?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.