Whimsical Sandpebble Glass Tile
Add a vibrant pop of color to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a kitchen backsplash, fireplace or pool installation. Composed of polished glass in various shades of brown, with iridescent and Dark Emperador marble accents, the Sandpebble selection from our Whimsical Collection will surely bring a bit of the beach into your home, minus all that pesky sand.
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Shades of Brown + Iridescent + Dark Emperador
- Glass + Marble
- Chip Size
- ½” x ½”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- Stained + Polished
- 4 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
The District of Columbia had the highest average alcohol content of liquor sold, at 38.3 percent. Ohio had the lowest average alcohol content, at 34.8 percent. In both states, the 2002 alcohol levels were about 4 percent to 5 percent lower than 1950 levels.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 3 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI have oak cabinets and a beige quartz countertop. This tile has so many warm colors that just tied everything together beautifully for my kitchen area! I also love the play in color with the iridescent tiles.Michelle C on Dec 8, 2015the colors and blend of texturesSUSAN M on Nov 7, 2015I have oak cabinets and a beige quartz countertop. This tile has so many warm colors that just tied everything together beautifully for my kitchen area! I also love the play in color with the iridescent tiles.Michelle C on Dec 8, 2015
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.