Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Whimsical Rustic Bark Glass Tile
Add a vibrant pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a kitchen backsplash, fireplace or pool installation. Composed of polished glass in various shades of brown, with mirrored gray accents and brown glitter, our Rustic Bark selection from our Whimsical Collection will surely bring some countrified charm into your home.
- Chip Size
- ½” x ½”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Shades of Brown + Mirror Gray + Brown Glitter
- Glass + Mirror
- Stained+ Polished
- 4 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Most yeasts cannot grow when the concentration of alcohol is higher than about 18% by volume, so that is a practical limit for the strength of fermented beverages such as wine, beer, and sake.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 1 answer
Disclaimer: Due to the transparent nature of most of our tile please consider choices carefully. Tiles are handmade so variations in color and texture are to be expected. All tiles should be inspected before installation, as no adjustment will be made after installation. Maintainance:
- Abrasive cleaners should not be used.
- Use Filavia Bango for cleaning the glass tiles.
- You can also use microfiber cleaning cloths. Fibers in this type of cloth are thinner as compared to other cloths. This material resist scratching of surfaces.
- You can also use glass cleaner such as Windex from time to time remove fingerprints. Spray glass cleaner on the tile and wipe down. Rinse the tiles and then towel dry.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.