Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Whimsical Fairy Dust Glass Tile
Add a vibrant pop of color to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a kitchen backsplash, fireplace or pool installation. Composed of polished glass in various shades of white, purple, orange & persimmon, with iridescent accents, our Fairy Dust selection from our Whimsical Collection will surely sprinkle some magical charm into your home.
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Iridescent + White + Purple + Orange + Persimmon
- Chip Size
- ½” x ½”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- 4 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Monks brewing beer in the Middle Ages were allowed to drink five quarts of beer a day. In ancient times, monks who fasted or abstained from solid food subsisted on beer.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 28 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storebecause of the design and styleNatalie T on Mar 28, 2016Will this work as a tile for shower floor?BEST ANSWER: Since this is a glass tile, I would not expect it to be durable enough for a shower floor. If something hard were dropped on it, it would likely chip. It could also be slippery. However, it is a great accent on a shower wall or sink backsplash. It is beautiful when installed, and looks best with a light (nearly white) grout.My pool builder used a silicone adhesive for the grout lines in my fairy dust tile. It is now pale and not iridescent as before. I liked the vibrant colors, but don't know if the silicone (dried a milky color) made it dull. Had he used the suggested grout, would I have gotten the look of the original tile?BEST ANSWER: we used this tile for kitchen and bathroom backsplash. in the bathroom we got a beigish unsanded grout. worked well, but we thought its darkness didn't allow the colors to pop. so we used a lighter grout in the kitchen, a more ivory look. we liked it very well. can't speak to grout needs for a pool.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.