Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
VESTIGE ICE MIST TILE
This stunning combination of White Thassos marble and frosted and polished silver painted foil glass will give any room a modern and contemporary ambiance. Add a wintry pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a kitchen backsplash or a fireplace Exposure to moisture will cause metallic paint to discolor. Not suitable for outdoor, pool or shower installation.
- Chip Size
- 1 ¼”x 1 ¼”
- Sheet Size
- 12 ½” x 12 ½”
- 1.09 Sq. Ft.
- White Thassos + Super White + Silver
- Glass + Marble
- Frosted + Polished
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
The global beer industry is forecast to have a value of $496.6 billion in 2014. The global wine industry is expected to reach $327.8 billion in 2016.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 6 answersWould this work behind a sink? You mention not to use in moist areas.BEST ANSWER: I had this placed as a backsplash in kitchen, it's been up only a short time. Really does not get wet in this environment, but probably would not use it in a showerWould these tiles be appropriate behind a stovetop? I am concerned about the ease of cleaning.BEST ANSWER: I have this as a back splash throughout my kitchen, including the stove. They clean up easily. I've had no problems.
Substrate: Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout. Installation:
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations. A second option is regular tile wall glue.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes. Once set in place gently tap using a grout float to insure full bedding and a true surface.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- When grout is completely cured a grout sealer should be applied as recommended by manufacturer.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile.