Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Twine Asian Statuary Honed Marble Tile
This marble mosaic will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. he mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility. Natural stones are products of nature, therefore, variations in color, pattern, texture, and veining will occur
- Chip Size
- 1" x 2" | .5" x .5"
- Sheet Size
- 11.75" x 11.75"
- 0.96 sq. ft.
- Asian Statuary
- 10 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
A bottle of Champagne contains approximately 49 million bubbles.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 8 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI was looking for classic honed tile for a small shower floor. The dot in this tile is a lovely taupe, rather than the cooler gray I've seen on other carrara tiles. It works great with the Sherwin Williams Versatile Gray paint we're using on the vanity cabinet.Tricia E on Aug 20, 2016Can this be used as a bathroom floor tile?BEST ANSWER: Used it as the floor tile in my bathroom. It is beautiful!How thick is the tile?BEST ANSWER: It is 3/8", or .375" thick. This is a beautiful tile that we have enjoyed as the backsplash in our remodeled kitchen. Was easy to install too.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.