Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Terrapin Silver Metal Tile
This clean geometric design with the metal stainless steel is chic and visually striking. These metal tiles have a similarity to the diamondback terrapin shell. The tile will provide any room with a sleek, stylish and contemporary appearance. This is a great alternative to use for in a kitchen back splash, feature wall or as decorative borders.
Please note this tile is not recommended to be installed on the floor
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 10.63" x 11.14"
- 0.82 Sq. Ft.
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
During World War II, a group of alpine soldiers who were stranded in mountain snows survived for an entire month on nothing but a cask of sherry.
Browse 6 questions Browse 6 questions and 13 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreUsed as a kitchen backsplash. It looks beautiful. We have gotten so many compliments as its striking.H U on Aug 31, 2016JUST LIKE ITTINGRONG L on Mar 31, 2016Used as a kitchen backsplash. It looks beautiful. We have gotten so many compliments as its striking.H U on Aug 31, 2016I am looking for a way to refinish a reception desk for a salon. I thought about putting metallic tile panels on the front of the desk. would this work? what size are the sheets and can they be cut to fit into the panels?BEST ANSWER: Yes these would definitely be suitable for a reception desk. The sheets can be cut down and it is 10.63" x 11.14" sheet.Can this tile be used in shower? I would like to use for accent on wall, not floor.BEST ANSWER: We used it in our kitchen as backsplash - EVERYONE comments on it. Not the easiest tile to cut, work with or match up - if not careful, the grout lines do not match up. The picture on the website does not really show a finished product because the grout makes it look a little differentHi, how do you recommend cutting this tile for the bottom (viewable) edge of the backsplash?BEST ANSWER: This tile is best cut with a wet saw that's equipped with a diamond blade.Hi, do you ship to the UK?BEST ANSWER: Hi, we currently do not ship the UK. However, we can ship to a freight forwarded in the United States.Just wondering if half tiles exist for these? We are just looking at installing this tile on an open ended wall with no cabinate or other wall. Also would you know the weight per sheet for shipping purposes?BEST ANSWER: We do not carry half tiles of this. The weight is approximately 3 lbs per tile.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Steel Installation/Maintenance Kit
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.