Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Tao Concrete Glass Tile
This dramatic mixture of polished and frosted gray glass in various shades will add a sleek and attractive design to any room. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility. Flaunt your impeccable taste with this alluring selection from our incredibly popular Tao Collection.
- Chip Size
- ½” x Random
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- 0.96 sq. ft.
- Shades of Gray
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
A drinking establishment is now located in the New York City building that once housed the National Temperance Society.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 10 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the longer lines of this tile, and the color went great with our paint color in the kitchenTheresa L on Sep 17, 2016is this tile "frost proof"..?......want to use in a hot tub in OregonBEST ANSWER: Hi! We used it for our kitchen backsplash and we love it. Not sure about being frost proof?
It is good against steam though behind the sink and stove area no problems at all with it and looks so beautiful. Cleans up easily also!Is this suitable for a pool?BEST ANSWER: Yes, this would go beautifully with a pool.
span style="font-size: small; color: #000000; background-color: #99cc00;">SUBSTRATE
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.