Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Stainless Steel 2"x6" Subway Metal Tile
These stainless steel tiles will give any room an industrial edge. With a slight twist on traditional subway tile, the metal tiles is modern and easy to keep clean.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 12 pieces per sq. ft.
- Stainless Steel
Shaken or Stirred?
A key reason for such robust sales of Irish whiskey is its signature smoothness and sweetness, which makes it incredibly easy to drink. This unique flavor profile is due to two major factors: The whiskey is usually distilled three times, and the barley is rarely dried over burning peat. (Most Scotch is distilled twice and the malt is often peated, giving a smoky flavor.)
Browse 7 questions Browse 7 questions and 40 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreLooks beautiful in my black and white kitchenAdele T on Jul 29, 2016This tile is listed/described as Stainless Steel so it should not rust, however in one answer it is stated that it cannot be used for a shower installation because it will rust. It would be great as a back-splash / backdrop for my stove and hood as in one customer picture shown. Need to know which is it, DOES IT RUST? Please advise.BEST ANSWER: I'm installing as a backsplash. Stainless Steel is a metal resistant to rust. There are different grades of stainless (316, 306). I found that these tiles are of good quality. They are are adhered to a ceramic backing which will offer great thermal protection as a backsplash. I'm using a French grey grout to accent the cast iron top of my stove. You shouldn't be concerned about rust.can these be cut and still look good? If they can, what is the best tool for a smooth finished edge?BEST ANSWER: Yes but you have to use a very sharp or brand new blade on your tile saw. The person who installed mine SHOULD have changed his blade half way through the whole back splash job as the SS tiles do a number on the blade, but he did not, so I do have some jagged edges. He used a regular tile saw. Keep a backup blade handy. They will not cut perfectly, keep that in mind. Regardless it still looks beautiful and I was happy with the outcome.Will magnets stick to the tile ?BEST ANSWER: No it doesn't. The stainless steel is a thin layer.can this be used in a shower?BEST ANSWER: I would not use in a shower, as watermarks will show. Its just like a SS refrigerator-type finish.What is the thickness of this tile?BEST ANSWER: The stell is ~ .75mm thick wrapped around a ceraminc base, making it about 3mm thick, sold in single 2"x6" pieces, not in square foot sheets. It requires much more grout than the web site originally suggests. The end result is spectacular and highly reccomended!Can this tile be used for a backsplash for an outdoor kitchen?BEST ANSWER: Hi there, This tile isn't ideal for outdoor use.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Steel Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.