Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Silver Fog Blend Brick Pattern 1/2" x 2" Glass and StoneTile
This striking combination of the light gray slate, dark gray, silver and light gray glass creates a relaxing and stylish back splash to any room. It is great to use for the bathroom, kitchen installation.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- Light+Dark Gray + Silver
- Glass + Slate
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
FDR was a martini man for most of his adult life, but when doctors ordered him to gain some weight because of health issues, he did it by chugging eggnog.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 5 answersHow many squares do I need for 24 sq ft area?BEST ANSWER: I definitely recommend using their: 'how many do I need' feature on their site. I think I ended up buying 1-2 more then they recommended and ended up with 1-2 extra tiles (which I kept for any incidental breakages or changes to my kitchen at a later date). It's a great pattern that looks wonderful once installed (which is also easy if you YouTube the how to). Good luck!Can this be used as a fireplace surround?BEST ANSWER: Yes this can be used for a fireplace.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.