Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Loft Super White Polished 3"x6" Subway Glass Tile
This super white subway tiles are decorative and durable, making it a great back drop. The glass tile will reflect the light in your room, giving it a fresh, clean and brighter look. Using a subway tile as back splash you will add some color and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give it a more distinct look.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 8 pieces per square foot
- White with a hint of greenish hue
Shaken or Stirred?
In old England, a whistle was baked into the rim or handle of ceramic cups used by pub patrons. When they wanted a refill, they used the whistle to get service. So when people went drinking, they would "wet their whistle."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storei wanted a super white,shiny kitchen backsplash that does not have a greenish haze to it. I had the frosted in mind but this is what TileBar recommended for my purposes.Will post pics of pre and post installation.evebert b on Jun 9, 2015I was thinking of using a dark gray grout. Would that work with this tile?BEST ANSWER: Hi, I'm not sure how it would look with dark gray. I used white and am very happy with it! I would imagine dark grout would work, it would give it a totally different look
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.