Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Tao Red Planet Glass Tile
This mixture of polished and frosted red glass will inject a sleek and attractive design to any room, creating a beautiful modern and contemporary backdrop. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility. Eye catching and out of this world, add a vivid splash of color with the Red Planet selection from our Tao Collection.
- 0.96 sq. ft.
- Chip Size
- ½” x Random
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Beer contains high levels of silicon, which have been found to increase mineral density in bones, according to researchers.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storelooking for a pop of red to add to our back splashANNAND P on Oct 13, 2015I wanted red tile trim in the bathroom we are remodeling and this was a perfect choice. We can use individual strips to accent the tile shower we just built.Sandra S on Oct 6, 2015If I need 60 feet of this tile how many would I need to order?BEST ANSWER: To cover 60 square feet you need 63 sheets. We recommend that you order 70 sheets (10% extra) to cover cuts and future repairs.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.