Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Deco Egyptian Sand 5/8" x 5/8" Glass and Stone Tile
A soft, lovely take on mosaic glass tile, the Alloy Deco Egyptian Sand is the right fit for your fireplace or kitchen back splash. Muted shades of beige, cream, metallic copper and gold are sprinkled throughout, setting a warm setting in your own home. The mesh backing makes installation a snap.Exposure to moisture will cause metallic paint to discolor. Not suitable for outdoor, pool or shower installation
- Chip Size
- 5/8” x 5/8”
- Sheet Size
- 12” x 12”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Beige + Cream + Metallic Copper + Gold Painted Foiled
- Glass + Marble
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. --Henny Youngman
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreClassic looks. Eye catching detail.Marina B on Mar 31, 2016each printed stone looks rustic and hand made. love how unique it is. The color is EXTREMELY Light in comparison to the screen, def order a sample. B E A U T I F U L !!!!Maor G on Oct 25, 2015
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.