Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Tao Sea Wave Glass Tile
This beautiful blend of polished and frosted glass, in various shades of gray and medium blue glass, will add a sleek and attractive design into any room. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility. These glass tiles will give a luminescent quality to any bathroom, kitchen or pool installation. Ride the wave and upgrade your ambiance with this alluring selection from our Tao Collection.
- 0.96 sq. ft.
- Shades of Gray and Medium Blue
- Chip Size
- ½” x Random
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 12 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI am remodeling my in-law studio with a beach style. These tiles gave me that feeling because of the colors. It goes perfect with the aqua bathroom, white cabinets with its sandy top.Dimariliz T on Aug 14, 2016I liked the watery feel of the colors. I'm trying to put a little accent color into a tub surround, in a 60's era bathroom with a blueish tile on the walls. I'm hopeful this will look ok.Barbara M on Jul 14, 2016I am remodeling my in-law studio with a beach style. These tiles gave me that feeling because of the colors. It goes perfect with the aqua bathroom, white cabinets with its sandy top.Dimariliz T on Aug 14, 2016Would this go well with the Loft Seafoam Green subway tile? I know color combinations are subjective, but perhaps someone has made this combination already? http://tilebar.com/loft-seafoam-polished-3-x-6-glass-tiles.htmlBEST ANSWER: I am not sure, but it may. There are some green tones in the pattern. We paired it with neutral sandstone tiles. It looks fabulous! It would probably be very pretty with the Loft Seafoam Green!
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.