Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Nexus Cayman Blue Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This beautiful combination shades of blue, and green glass in frosted and polished finishes, and the mix of white thassos and dark bardiglio creates a sleek and attractive design to any room. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility. These tiles will give a luminescent quality to any kitchen or any decorated spot in any room.
- Chip Size
- Random Brick
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12 1/2"
- 1.04 Sq. Ft.
- Blue Gray, Seafoam Green, White + Dark Bardiglio
- Glass + Marble
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
While gin is now a good seller, it was wildly popular in England in the 18th century. By 1720, an estimated 25 percent of all London households produced or sold gin. Fast-forward to the dark days of Prohibition, and gin was once again highly sought-after. The spirit could be made easily and quickly, even in a bathtub. The botanicals also helped to make rough alcohol somewhat more palatable.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 1 answerWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreGreat colors, and I love that it has both white marble and charcoal marble so that we can go either way with the countertops. Plus, I wanted a nice spa-like vibe, and the offset glass and stone seems just right.Kathleen K on Mar 12, 2016Great colors, and I love that it has both white marble and charcoal marble so that we can go either way with the countertops. Plus, I wanted a nice spa-like vibe, and the offset glass and stone seems just right.Kathleen K on Mar 12, 2016
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.