Nexus Cayman Blue Mini Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This eye popping glass and stone combination creates a beautifully multidimensional effect that would work perfectly in any kitchen backsplash or decorated spot in your home. White Thassos and White, Gray & Dark Bardiglio is paired with blue gray and seafoam colored glass to create a truly unique style. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- 0.82 Sq. Ft.
- Blue Gray, Seafoam Green, White + Gray + Dark Bardiglio + White Thassos
- Glass + Marble
- Chip Size
- 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Sheet Size
- 10 1/4" x 11 1/2"
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Sediment found in a pottery jar excavated in the Zagros mountains of northern Iran indicate that man was drinking a retsina-like wine in 5000BC.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 8 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe sample I received is exactly what I was looking to use in our new kitchen remodel. It's beautiful and very good quality.Christina B on Apr 25, 2016perfect for my projectLaura W on Mar 19, 2016The sample I received is exactly what I was looking to use in our new kitchen remodel. It's beautiful and very good quality.Christina B on Apr 25, 2016I want to make a narrow backsplash on the wall behind the bathroom vanity. What would I surround the tile with? Should I use a pencil and if so, what matches?BEST ANSWER: This tile cuts very nicely and cleanly--we don't have anything on the top (horizontal) or side (vertical) edge as it meets the vanity countertop and it looks great. I would say that if you did want to get a pencil type border, anything in the white marble family would look the best. I believe they also make borders in glass but matching the blues might be difficult if it is not from the same manufacturer. Good luck!
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.