Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Crema Marfil Herringbone 1"x3" Marble Tile
A unique 1x3 Crema Marfil herringbone pattern that will surely bring a regal touch of intrigue, romance, and drama to any setting. This marble mosaic will provide endless design possibilities, from contemporary to classic, and serves as a great focal point for a wide array of installations.
- Chip Size
- 1” x 3”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¼” x 12 ¾”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Crema Marfil
- 10 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
During World War II, reduction of consumption activists argued that soldiers should not be permitted to drink alcohol beverages. However, General George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, insisted that such prohibition would be 'harmful to the men in the service."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 6 answersCan you use this on floor?BEST ANSWER: Yes, i'd bought it for my shower floor. But note that marble is high maintenance, so i personally wouldn't suggest it for high-traffick or large floors spaces.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.