Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Shangri-La Travertine Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This stunning combination of travertine, with each glass chip hand pressed and then filled with colored crushed glass chips and etched deco give any room a modern and contemporary ambiance. Imagine this tile as a backs plash in your kitchen. It's never boring. In fact the more you look at it, the more complex it becomes. Or, you could use it as an eye-catching fireplace surround. That would be the pi
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11 3/4"x11 3/4"
- Travertine, Light Gray + Cream Colored Crushed Glass + Gold Deco
- Glass, Stone + Etched Deco
Shaken or Stirred?
I drink to make other people interesting. --George Jean Nathan
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 5 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreNice soft color combo for Fireplace surroundSandra B on Jan 23, 2015Can this time be used on an outdoor wall? If so, would I have to use a different grout?What company do you guys purchase this from?BEST ANSWER: I think this is a question for tile bar to answer. I just purchased a sample from Tilebar. I liked this one very much, but went with the same pattern in slate. It's just being installed now and I'm very happy.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.