Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Seaspray Blend Squares 1/2" x 1/2" Glass and Stone Tile
The smooth glass and stone combination creates a beautifully multi-dimensional effect. Great to install in kitchen back splashes, bathrooms and any decorated spot in your home. The mesh backing simplfies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- Light Gray, Iridescent + Seafoam Green
- Slate + Glass
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Fortified wines are produced by adding brandy or other distilled spirits to achieve higher ABV than is easily reached using fermentation alone.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 12 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storematch bathroom exactly ordered 3 tiles to frame the bathroom mirror; ran out need 1 more!barb e on May 6, 2017I just ordered this product because it looks like it will match my remodeled bathroom colors. I hope it looks as good in person.Qiana H on Feb 21, 2017match bathroom exactly ordered 3 tiles to frame the bathroom mirror; ran out need 1 more!barb e on May 6, 2017what's the thickness?BEST ANSWER: This tile is .314" thick.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.