Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Utilizing subway tile for your backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor, or any decorated room within your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look and add a mixture of traditional and contemporary feel to your surroundings.
- 4" x 12"
- .33 sq ft
- 6 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Country of Origin
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- > 10%
- Breaking Strength
- > 600 N
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
Red wine becomes lighter in color as it ages, but white wine becomes darker.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 24 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThat is what I was looking for. Simple shiny white tile with accent grey color. I thought those are typical tile, however I couldn't find at other store.Noriko I on Jun 27, 2017Love the "handmade" look and size of this tile. Less stark than the typical subway tile and the size makes small backsplash space look larger and more modern.Van D on Apr 12, 2017That is what I was looking for. Simple shiny white tile with accent grey color. I thought those are typical tile, however I couldn't find at other store.Noriko I on Jun 27, 2017Can this be installed on shower wall?BEST ANSWER: Yes, I have this installed on my shower walls. I get a lot of compliments. People think it looks like glass tiles. Just be aware that grouting is a bit more complicated because the edges are not flush with the main field of the tile so it requires a bit more 'push' to get the grout in.would the lancaster bianco pencil trim match this tile?BEST ANSWER: Hi Jessica,
I do not know if it would match. I purchased extra full size bullnose tile (santa monica) and had my tiler cut the bullnose side to 1/2 inch strips and used those to finish off the edges. It is a beautiful tile, we get many compliments!!What is a good tile grout color to use with the white Santa Monica tile?BEST ANSWER: Hi Rebecca, I used a grout color called "london fog", a mid tone grey, looks beautiful! A white would also be nice, however not a pure white, as the tile is a softer white color. The tile itself is gorgeous, and the people at the Tile Bar are very helpful, they have top notch customer service. Hope this helps.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.