Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Utilizing subway tile for your backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor, or any decorated room within your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look and add a mixture of traditional and contemporary feel to your surroundings.
- 4" x 12"
- .33 sq. ft.
- 6 mm
- Country of Origin
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- > 10%
- Breaking Strength
- > 600 N
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
The Furious Fairy cocktail recipe is made from gin, absinthe, Wenneker triple sec and simple syrup, and served in a chilled cocktail glass garnished with a black olive.
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 26 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI think it will look great as a backsplash in my kitchen. I love the artistic look of the tiles.Jan P on Feb 8, 2017How many tiles are in a box?BEST ANSWER: I think you have to buy by the case and there were 30 or 32 4x12" tiles in a boxtiles look square but it says 4 x 12. How big is each individual tile?BEST ANSWER: Each physical tile is, in fact, 4 by 12 inches. But there are 3 different patterns in each 4 by 12 tile making it look in pictures or online like the tiles are 4 inches by 4 inches. And each 4 by 12 tile has different images, not all identical but some of the images repeat, although not in same order.how busy does it appear when on the wall?BEST ANSWER: It can be busy depending on the application? We only used a single row as a backsplash on an 8' long dark wood vanity and it looks really nice. We topped it with gray pencil trim and the wall behind is baby blue so it makes the room pop! Good luck!is this matte or gloss?BEST ANSWER: It is gloss. It is also not completely flat on the surface, it actually comes up at the edges.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.