Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Utilizing subway tile for your backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor, or any decorated room within your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look and add a mixture of traditional and contemporary feel to your surroundings.
- 4" x 12"
- .33 sq ft
- Blue + Gray + White
- 6 mm
- Country of Origin
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- > 10%
- Breaking Strength
- > 600 N
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
There are more chemical compounds in wine than in blood.
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 14 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the random look and the soft gray color. I got the sample first and I loved it so I ordered for a spare bath.Debra R on Oct 8, 2016Can this tile be used for the floor?BEST ANSWER: I bought it for that purpose but when I rec'd. it I realized it's only 1/4 inch thick. It is so beautiful that I kept it for a back splash in a different bathroom. I would not use it for a floor application.Hello, the sample I got had three patterns. How many patterns are there? What comes in a box? Many thanks!BEST ANSWER: I didn't count but I would say there were at least 5 tiles each with three different patterns on it. I was quite surprised actually. Beautiful tiles :)Can we use this tile in a shower?BEST ANSWER: I used this tile as an accent stripe and for the niche on the walls of my shower and it looks great. I used it with simple white 4x12 subway tile and they work together really well.Is the Bulavar gray subway tile color made to coordinate with the
Bulevar cold deco???BEST ANSWER: Though the grays should be the same, I would suggest ordering samples first to be sure. There can be differences in the different dye lots used.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.