Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Roman Collection Il Suolo 1x1 Glass Tile
These gorgeous crushed glass mosaics are hand pressed and hand filled. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that captures and reflects light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash, bathroom accent wall or any decorated spot within your home.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 1”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ½ " x 11 ½”
- 0.92 Sq. Ft.
- Coke Brown, Wine + Dark Chocolate
- Crushed Glass
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
As early as around 9,000 years ago, long before the invention of the wheel, inhabitants of the Neolithic village Jiahu in China were brewing a type of mead with an alcohol content of 10%.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storefirst ordered sample - this was the best match for our tile for a focal point in our kitchen to Giallo Fiorita granite and Noce tile. It is exciting to see it all coming together.Joni U on Aug 23, 2015first ordered sample - this was the best match for our tile for a focal point in our kitchen to Giallo Fiorita granite and Noce tile. It is exciting to see it all coming together.Joni U on Aug 23, 2015Is this hard to cut?BEST ANSWER: Tricky because it is small - but my Contractor/handyman said he had no trouble. Plan, Plan, Plan for minimum cuts.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.