Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Roman Collection Emperial Slate W/ Deco 1x1 Glass Tile
This gorgeous slate & crushed glass mosaic is sure to bring a timeless beauty into your home for many years to come. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then hand filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash; as well as an accent wall for your bathroom or any decorated spot within your home.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 1”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾”x 11 ¾”
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Cream + Forest Green + Multicolor
- Crushed Glass + Slate
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
No government health warning is permitted on wine imported into any country in the European Union (Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom).
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe choose this for our fireplace surround as it perfectly complements some other tile we got for our wine bar that also includes strips of California Gold slate and crystal glass tile. We loved the addition of the deco tiles and thought it would add to the Craftsman bungalow look we are after.Beth Marie N on May 3, 2017Was looking for a beautiful, classic tile to pair as an insert "line and medallion" for classic subway tile backsplash. I loved this selection because of how beautifully it will accent my oil-rubbed bronze features within my kitchen and still look great with my classic tile flooring and coordinating backsplash tile. Crossing my fingers!Jolynn Z on Feb 23, 2017We choose this for our fireplace surround as it perfectly complements some other tile we got for our wine bar that also includes strips of California Gold slate and crystal glass tile. We loved the addition of the deco tiles and thought it would add to the Craftsman bungalow look we are after.Beth Marie N on May 3, 2017
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.