Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Roman Collection Emperial Slate 1x6 Brick Glass Tile
These gorgeous crushed glass & slate mosaics are hand pressed and hand filled. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash or in any decorated spot in your home.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 6”
- Sheet Size
- 13 ½”x 9”
- 0.75 Sq. Ft.
- Cream + Forest Green + Multicolor
- Crushed Glass + Slate
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
Not that long ago, the only Scotches you could buy in the US were blends. That began to change in the late 1970s, when Americans started to buy less whisky and more vodka. As a result, the blenders also began buying less whisky. In an attempt to spur sales, the distillers began bottling their single malts and marketing them directly to drinkers. Single malts have become so popular that many distilleries are now running around the clock and have stopped selling to blenders altogether.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 5 answersIs this tile suitable for use in the riser of outdoor patio stairs? I am looking to use it as the tile for the vertical risers between the steps.BEST ANSWER: I assume they would be fine, they are slate and glass so I don't think the elements will harm them. I have mine in the kitchen as a backsplash. It was interesting to see how different colors of grout changed their looks (darker vs lighter). We installed them vertically and it turned out beautiful! Good luck with your stairs.Is this tile approved for floor use?BEST ANSWER: Hi! We would not use tantrum glass on a floor application.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.