Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Roman Collection Emperial Slate 1x2 Brick Glass Tile
These gorgeous crushed glass & slate mosaics are hand pressed and hand filled. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash or in any decorated spot in your home.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 2”
- Sheet Size
- 12”x 12”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Cream + Forest Green + Multicolor
- Crushed Glass + Slate
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
No government health warning is permitted on wine imported into any country in the European Union (Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom).
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 11 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe have a brick accent wall that we wanted to carry into kitchen renovations. This tile looks so incredibly rich! We had knotty pine cabinets sanded down, re stained and new fronts put on. Anyone that has seen this tile is literally 'wowed.' I will add pictures when it is all done.Ashley N on Feb 28, 2017This is in my kitchen. Love it.V V on Jul 12, 2016We have a brick accent wall that we wanted to carry into kitchen renovations. This tile looks so incredibly rich! We had knotty pine cabinets sanded down, re stained and new fronts put on. Anyone that has seen this tile is literally 'wowed.' I will add pictures when it is all done.Ashley N on Feb 28, 2017The video stated that there is a back splash that is all crackle galss. Is that available?BEST ANSWER: http://tilebar.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=roman+collection. These are the crackled glass mosaics.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.