Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Roman Collection Chamoisee 1x1 Glass Tile
These gorgeous crushed glass, marble & resin deco mosaics are hand pressed and hand filled. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash or in any decorated spot in your home.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 1”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” 11 ¾”
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Brown + Cream + Light & Dark Emperador + Bronze
- Crushed Glass + Marble + Resin Deco
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W. C. Fields
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 21 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreNeed an accent for a kitchen backsplash.Patrick K on Jun 3, 2016Have been looking at this tile for 2 years. Finally was ready to start my project and the tile was out of stock. I purchased everything to go with it and have been waiting for months for it to come back in. I LOVE the colors and now I can finally install my back splash!!Vanda K on May 23, 2016How large is the "sheet" that I am told I need 21 of???BEST ANSWER: Almost 12"×12". 11 11/16 by 11 11/16 to be exact. Stunning tile however, am still amazed at how beautiful it is as a accent wall in my guest bathroom. The ridges of the decorative tile are hard to fill in with the grout, so you need to be sure the installer takes the time to properly clean the intraquite pieces before the grout hardens.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- You would need to use Non-Sanded Grout.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.