Roman Collection Burnt Russet 1x1 Glass Tile
This gorgeous Dark Emperador marble, resin deco & crushed glass mosaic is sure to bring a timeless beauty into your home for many years to come. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then hand filled with colored crushed glass chips to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like a thousand tiny glimmering diamonds. Great to use as a backsplash; as well as an accent wall for your bathroom or any decorated spot within your home.
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Brown, Dark Emperador + Copper
- Crushed Glass + Marble + Resin Deco
- Chip Size
- 1”x 1”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Most yeasts cannot grow when the concentration of alcohol is higher than about 18% by volume, so that is a practical limit for the strength of fermented beverages such as wine, beer, and sake.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 11 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI wanted a combination of rustic colors with quality design.Patricia T on Sep 28, 2015
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.