Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Paragon Atlantic Bubble Mini Brick Pattern Glass Tile
This captivating combination of pearl, glass and stone tile is artfully arranged in a classic brick pattern. The pearl shell glass will add a durability and lasting exquisiteness to your kitchen, bathroom, or fireplace installation. These tiles are mesh mounted and will bring a sleek and contemporary clean design to any room.
- Chip Size
- 3/8” x 5/8"
- Sheet Size
- 11 1/4" x 12 1/4"
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- White + Metallic Pewter
- Glass, Pearl Shell + White Carrara + White Thassos
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
The area around the town of Cognac, France, is divided into six grape-growing regions. The most expensive fruit comes from Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne and Borderies. Once picked, the grapes are fermented and then distilled twice in copper pot stills, which produce a colorless alcohol called eau-de-vie. The spirit is then aged in oak barrels. Most cognacs are a blend of different eaux-de-vie of varying ages and qualities.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI am changing my powder room and this goes great as a backsplash against the marble counter top.Laura O on Apr 23, 2015Can this be used for a shower floor?BEST ANSWER: I would not recommend using these in a shower floor due to the pearl in the mosaic. Water and moisture can cause the pearl to discolor, lose its sheen, polish, and erode over time.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.