Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Nova Lynx Marble Tile
The Nova Collection is a bold re-imagining of a classic look that takes it's inspiration from timeless patterns of yesteryear and reinvigorates them with a modern twist. This micro waterjet mosaic is single cut by hand and provides endless design possibilities, from classic to contemporary. The ideal choice for an assortment of commercial and residential renovation projects, make that bathroom floor or foyer really pop with this enduring octagon pattern that is sure to serve as the focal point of your space for many years to come.
- Chip Size
- Over all 6" Hexagon
- Sheet Size
- 10.75" x 12.5"
- 0.91 sq. ft.
- White Thassos + White Carrera
- 10 mm
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
The history of absinthe is a cocktail of myth, conjecture and controversy. A turn-of-the-twentieth-century favorite of artists and writers, the spirit was banned in the United States in 1912 because it was believed to be hallucinogenic. Just a few years ago, it once again became legal in America to buy the high-alcohol, anise-flavored liquor.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 7 answersCan this be used for bathroom flooring?BEST ANSWER: Omg I used it in my bathroom and it is absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!! And tilebar charged me less than half what my local store wanted for it!!!! And tilebar is an awesome company: the best customer service ever: I used them for my entire house project! Do not hesitate to use them!!!! I am Sooo happy!I have marble in my entryway now and it is badly stained. Will this stain over time too?BEST ANSWER: Short answer- yes. But, it depends where you put it and how you care for it. Marble is very porous so you have to seal it at least once a year. In a shower or high traffic area, twice or more per year. You should always clean spills up quickly. In an entryway where wet shoes and dirt may be sitting on your marble, it is more likely to stain than a bathroom or kitchen. Marble will always be a little higher maintenance though than a man made alternative and it is unlikely that it will stay super pristine and new looking forever.How many hexagons are included in one piece of tile?BEST ANSWER: 4 Hexagons per sheetCan this be used for a kitchen backsplash?BEST ANSWER: Sure it can! I would do a big square of it behind your stove surrounded by subway tile for behind your counters. I have this Hex in my bathroom floor: it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.