Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
The smooth glass and stone combination creates a beautifully multi-dimensional effect. Great to install in kitchen back splashes, bathrooms and any decorated spot in your home. The mesh backing not simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- Chip Size
- 1/2" x 1/2"
- Sheet Size
- Gray/White, Black, Stainless + Iridescent
- Glass, Marble + Stainless Steel
- Textured, Matte + Polished
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Oscar Wilde.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 20 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe are going to use this around a fireplace. We wanted some pop to the decor in this area and I think this will do the trickGreg L on Aug 15, 2016What's the thickness of this tile? I didn't see that in the specs. Thanks.BEST ANSWER: Maybe 1/4 inch... This is so beautiful, if you like the picture, you,ll love the actual product. It sparkles and the silver is stunning. I used a pearl grey grout. And i used the long glass nimbus cut to four inch strips for accents. Please know this product is 1/2 inch squares. I thought it was one inch squares, still very pretty. Get the free samples. They came quickly.Is this slip resistant? Want to put in center of shower floor.BEST ANSWER: It is beautiful but not particularly slip resistant. Also, small glass
Pieces are not usually recommended for flooring as they will chip and crack from certain shoes (especially heels) and walking on them. Perfect for walls, if you were to use on the floor perhaps In small amounts as an order as the edges don't get walked on as much.What is a good color of subway tile,to match this Numbus Gray? Am using it as backpash over sink and accent in shower. ThanksBEST ANSWER: Gray subway tiles would go perfectly with this mosaic as it would bring out a number of the gray squares as well as not overpowering the darker colors.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.