Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Nimbus Gray Blend Bricks 1/2"xRandom" Glass and Stone Tile
This striking combination of the iridescent, black and stainless steel glass with the gray/white stone marble creates a dramatic and stylish back splash to any room. The wavy polish finish gives a distinctive appearance; great to use for the bathroon, kitchen installation.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- Gray/White, Iridescent, Black + Stainless Steel
- Marble, Glass + Stainless Steel
- Polished, Textured + Brushed
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
I drink to make other people interesting. --George Jean Nathan
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 29 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI have used this tile in my kitchen, and it looks great. Now I am putting in a range hood and I need to add the tile to the wall were the cabinet use to be.Jeaneen C on Mar 12, 2017variety of colorsStacey H on Sep 4, 2016I have used this tile in my kitchen, and it looks great. Now I am putting in a range hood and I need to add the tile to the wall were the cabinet use to be.Jeaneen C on Mar 12, 2017best way to remove plastic protectant over stainless steel?BEST ANSWER: I picked it off with my fingers after grouting. Its not difficult. Eventually it would peel up, probably. Do jot use a metal object or it will scratch the aluminum.. Its there to keep the grout off the aluminum, especially eith the grout tool.What kind of under cabinet lights show this off the best? I just installed this in my kitchen and the LEDs I have wash out the oil slick color.BEST ANSWER: We also have LEDs, and they do not show off the color. However, we installed it vertically around the window over the sink and the natural daylight really makes it glow! I just love it. How does yours look when the sun is shining?What type of trim tile will work with this pattern?BEST ANSWER: Hi Lee,
Actually I did not use any trim with my tile. My installer advised me to wait until the tile was installed and then to make a decision. After it was up I loved it the way it was and passed on the trim work. However, my walls are in a pale gray/blue and if I would have done trim I would have gone with those colors. I love this tile it is so unique, I get so many compliments on it.
I wish I could attach a picture of the finished product to send you.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.