Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Nexus Shabby Chic Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This beautiful combination of ivory, light gray, camel brown and beige glass, in both frosted and polished finishes, is paired with gorgeous White Thassos and Light Emperador Marble to create a sleek and attractive design. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility. These tiles will give add a luminescent quality to any kitchen or decorated spot in your home.
- Chip Size
- Random Brick
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12 1/2"
- 1.04 Sq. Ft.
- Ivory, Light Gray, Camel Brown, White + Beige
- Glass + Marble
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Whiskey shortages in the U.S. have often led to increased demand for tequila and its sister spirit mezcal, as was the case during the Civil War, Prohibition, and World War II.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 3 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWorked well with our new kitchen designSherry S on Oct 1, 2015I havent received my tile yet, but I ordered it cause it has beige and grey and can basically go with any wall color. I also am having a copper sink installed in my kitchen and the shiny camel colors are going to look amazing with my new sink. I am looking forward to getting this in the mail!Carrie P on Feb 6, 2017I havent received my tile yet, but I ordered it cause it has beige and grey and can basically go with any wall color. I also am having a copper sink installed in my kitchen and the shiny camel colors are going to look amazing with my new sink. I am looking forward to getting this in the mail!Carrie P on Feb 6, 2017
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.