Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Nabi is an alluring hand crafted tile incorporating glaze variations in distressed hues over a crackled façade. The voguish aesthetic will create a distinct backsplash or accent wall. Liven up any room and incorporate a subtle dash of color to any space in need of a stylish touch with this crackled Arabesque inspired pattern. Offered in a multitude of bold patterns and color blends, make a statement in any kitchen, bar, bathroom or wall application in residential and commercial settings with our new Nabi Collection.
Please note that there is variation in shades of color due to the glazing effect. For best results, mix the shades before grouting.
- 1 sq. ft.
Shaken or Stirred?Rebujito comes from Spain and has many variations. The base of Rebujito is sherry and a fruit flavored soda mixed gently. You can add fruit as garnish. Some variations use lemonade and mint.
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 21 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI loved it was ceramic and it is neutral enough to go with any color. I think it is more classic and will not look dated in years to come.Pamela P on Nov 17, 2016Much better quality crackle tile than we've seen anywhere else. Also very happy it's sealed and the crackle is not "live". I love the "watercolor" finish. We have blue island and grey cabinets with natural woods and stones so the colors and finish fit really perfectly.Fiona P on Mar 6, 2017Much better quality crackle tile than we've seen anywhere else. Also very happy it's sealed and the crackle is not "live". I love the "watercolor" finish. We have blue island and grey cabinets with natural woods and stones so the colors and finish fit really perfectly.Fiona P on Mar 6, 2017Beautiful glaze, subtle, sophisticated color.jennifer h on Nov 13, 2016What color grout would recommend?BEST ANSWER: I highly recommend using white grout. We put this tile in our kitchen. The white grout really made the tile shine and brought out the color of the tile. I was amazed at the difference it made after I added the white grout. Good luck!Do you have any pictures of these beautiful tiles in a room, so I can see what a wall or backsplash would look like? Also, would you have to use grout on these?BEST ANSWER: I used white grout on our kitchen backsplash. I can't link a photo in my response here, maybe I can elsewhere. My kitchen isn't entirely finished, but you could get the idea.Is there a finish on top of the crackle? Does the tile need to be sealed?BEST ANSWER: The tile has a polished finish. This tile does not have to be sealed.Where are these tiles manufactured?BEST ANSWER: The tiles are manufactured in China.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.