Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Design ElementsNabi is an alluring hand crafted tile incorporating glaze variations in distressed hues over a crackled façade. The voguish aesthetic will create a distinct backsplash or accent wall. Liven up any room and incorporate a subtle dash of color to any space in need of a stylish touch with this crackled Arabesque inspired pattern. Offered in a multitude of bold patterns and color blends, make a statement in any kitchen, bar, bathroom or wall application in residential and commercial settings with our new Nabi Collection.
- Sheet Size
- 9.87" x 11.75"
- 0.79 sq. ft.
- Ceramic + Marble (Asian Statuary)
Shaken or Stirred?The father of our country had an affinity for Madeira, a fortified wine made on the Portuguese island of the same name. In 1759, he sent a note to Robert Cary & Company that read, in part,
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 1 answerWhy does the cutout image of the tile look glossy and with more variety in the color compared to the applied images where the tile looks more matte and uniform in color?BEST ANSWER: Differences in lighting, distance, and environment can affect the look of the finish. The finish is polished. How polished it will actually look depends on the area in which it'll be installed. I would highly recommend ordering a sample to verify what the final product will look like in your hands.Does anyone have a photo of this on a full wall? I am concerned it will be too much, but think it would be beautiful.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.