Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Murano Abyss Squares Glass Tiles
Add a vibrant burst of color to any room with this beautiful glass tile. This tile is perfect for a swimming pool and its colorful design will give any decorated room a bright, fresh look. Instantly transport yourself to your favorite beach, the ocean at your feet, with this dazzling blue selection. Tropical drink with an umbrella in it is unfortunately not included. .
This material is plastic faced mounted up. See installation tab for further installation information.
- Chip Size
- 3/4" x 3/4"
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Wild Blue Yonder
1-1/2 oz vodka
1/4 oz peach schnapps
1/4 oz blue curacao
Mix ingredients with cracked ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or serve on the rocks.
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 12 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreArtistic project as a memorial on a celtic crossBrian S on Aug 7, 2016Suitable for a shower floor?BEST ANSWER: Lovely! not slippery-grout seems to solve any minimal slipperinessOne review spoke of plastic that contractor had a challenge removing? Does anyone know about this?BEST ANSWER: The tiles come with a paper thin netting to hold them all in a pattern. Unless you are working with each individual 1x1tile you don't remove the netting. You place the sheet of tile where you want it and grout all the tiles with the netting. Its not hard to remove anyway.Is the murano glass tile suitable for a pool in a climate that gets freezing temperatures?BEST ANSWER: Yes it is!Can it be installed with white mastic on plywood for a kitchen backsplash?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Plastic faced mounted tile. Do not remove plastic until 48 hours. Wait until adhesive dries before removing plastic and grouting the tile.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.