Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Morning Mist Blend Squares Glass and Marble Tile
This smooth glass and stone combination creates a beautifully multi-dimensional effect that would seamlessly blend into any kitchen backsplash, bathroom or decorated spot within your home. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- Chip Size
- 1/2" x 1/2"
- Sheet Size
- 12" x12"
- Light Gray, Sky Blue, Clear Iridescent
- Glass & Stone
- Polished & Frosted
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
A key reason for such robust sales of Irish whiskey is its signature smoothness and sweetness, which makes it incredibly easy to drink. This unique flavor profile is due to two major factors: The whiskey is usually distilled three times, and the barley is rarely dried over burning peat. (Most Scotch is distilled twice and the malt is often peated, giving a smoky flavor.)
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 23 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThis tile is just beautiful. We plan to use it as a kitchen backsplash along with a white quartz countertop that has a little gray vein. Our contractor had never seen anything likte it, and was impressed.
Being able to buy samples so inexpensively made picking so easy. And there is NO postage on any order. Can't wait to see it installed in our white kitchenNanci B on Apr 28, 2017What trim and grout would you recommend for Morning Mist?BEST ANSWER: We used the Morning Mist Blend Marble and Glass tile as trim in our bathroom. It is in the back of the shower niches and also as an inlaid area in the floor. The rest of the tile is a mediun to light gray tone. The grout used in these areas is a non-sanded grout that is off-white in color. The other grout around the gray tiles matches the gray tile and is sanded grout. You should try to use a non-sanded grout with glass tiles to keep from scratching the glass.What size trowel is recommended by manufacturer?BEST ANSWER: 9" trowel- 1/16" square notch.We just tiled our backsplash all around the kitchen, but the grout color is too light. Do we need to regrout the whole thing?BEST ANSWER: no just
Substrate: Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout. Installation:
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations. A second option is regular tile wall glue.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes. Once set in place gently tap using a grout float to insure full bedding and a true surface.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- When grout is completely cured a grout sealer should be applied as recommended by manufacturer.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile.