Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Metallic Stardust Glass Tile
These striking glass tiles give a luminescent quality to any bathroom or kitchen installation.These versatile tiles help create an elegant, custom look for any decor. You can also add an artistic and dramatic flair to the room. Using a subway tile as a back splash will add style and color to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give ita more distinct look.Exposure to moisture will cause metallic paint to discolor. Not suitable for outdoor, pool or shower installation
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 9 pieces per sq. ft.
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Metallic Silver
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
While the origins of Gin are somewhat debatable, several hundred years ago, someone, most likely in Holland or Belgium, began to infuse alcohol with juniper berries and a variety of other botanicals. (This spirit was arguably the first flavored vodka.) Gin is still made this way today, and each brand has its own recipe and techniques for infusion. While all gin has some juniper flavor, the other botanicals can include a wide array of herbs, vegetables, flowers, fruits, spices and even tea.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreLove it works well as my kitchen backsplash ,so classy and contemporaryMary Beth B on May 7, 2016Could this tile be used on a vanity top with a vessel sink?BEST ANSWER: Possibly, however with it being glass it could easily chip if something were sit on the vanity with any force.can this tile be used for a kitchen floor?BEST ANSWER: No, I do not believe it can, because its glass. it is quite beautiful but thin and I would think it would easily break.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.