Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Metal Etched Silver Stainless Steel 4x4 Tiles
This etched geometric design with the stainless steel is chic and visually striking. The tile will provide any room with a sleek, stylish and contemporary appearance. This is a great alternative to use for in a kitchen back splash, feature wall or as decorative borders. This particular stainless steel tile comes in 4 different patterns. This tile is sold by the square foot. You will receive 9 loose pieces. Please note you will receive a random pattern.
Metal Mosaics are not recommended for showers or floors.
- Chip Size
- 4" x 4"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Etched Stainless Steel
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
One glass of milk can give a person a .02 blood alcohol concentration (BAC) on a Breathalyzer test. That’s enough in some states for persons under age 21 to lose their drivers license and be fined.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 14 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storeloved the different textures. Plan to use this as a whole, continuing row in kitchen backsplash, then some of the skinner glass tile (probably use the stainless steel tile at top and use glass tles to counter.. Probably will choose the Taos silver/gray and white 1/2" tile.Sharon G on Sep 3, 2016My wife and I are using them for a hand made living room table and wall console. They seem out of the ordinary and will be perfect for our tables. You have a great selection of unusual tiles and we hope they look as good as the pictures.Juan G on May 2, 2016Can this be used in shower wall? If so, any rusting? (stainless do also rust)BEST ANSWER: I recently bought these to use at the top border/row on a kitchen backsplash, and have not installed them yet.
If it were me, I would NOT use them in a shower stall/wall. I fear as you that they would rust. Perhaps use them only on the top row like a border, as i am doing--that would be the only way i would do it. That would be a lot of expense and work wasted if they did rust AND if your water is hard--that would almost guarantee rust or 'water spotting'--in my opinion.Can this tile be used on the floor as a border?BEST ANSWER: Should not be used directly on the floor due to the raised 3d pattern of the tiles.Are these assorted 4 x 4 tiles or are they attached and 9 pieces totaling 4x4?BEST ANSWER: This tile is sold by the square foot. You will receive 9 loose pieces, each measuring 4x4. Please note you will receive a random pattern.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Steel Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.