Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Metal Etched Copper Stainless Steel 4x4 Tiles
This etched geometric design with the stainless steel is chic and visually striking. The tile will provide any room with a sleek, stylish and contemporary appearance. This is a great alternative to use for in a kitchen back splash, feature wall or as decorative borders. This particular stainless steel tile comes in 4 different patterns. This tile is sold by the square foot. You will receive 9 loose pieces. Please note you will receive a random pattern.
Metal Mosaics are not recommended for showers or floors.
- Chip Size
- 4" x 4"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Etched Stainless Steel
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Being intoxicated had desirable spiritual significance to the ancient Egyptians. They often gave their children names like "How Drunk is Cheops" or "How Intoxicated is Hathor."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 8 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreIt looks fun and should look great as an accent in my backsplash!Linda H on Jul 15, 2016I am thinking of using as a backsplash.Do they wear well? Do they need any special cleaner?BEST ANSWER: Hi Nancy....I'm not really sure about the best way to clean these tiles or how they'd work out for a backsplash.I actually didn't purchase them to tile my kitchen or bath with, but to test them out for use in my custom-made designs of ottoman and coffee table trays. They all came in one box, individually wrapped in a very difficult sticky wrapper to remove. While they are pretty, they scratched easily and showed my fingerprints. I hope that helps.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Steel Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.