Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Matchstix Raging Sea Glass Tile
This stunning mosaic is handcrafted in stained glass. With a daring mixture of pink, iridescent shades of blue & shades of brown & gray, this glass tile will add a luminescent quality to any bathroom, kitchen or pool installation. Add a vivid pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are extremely durable and versatile. Embrace the elements with the striking Raging Sea selection from our Matchstix Collection.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 10.75" x 10.5"
- 0.78 sq. ft.
- Shades of Brown + Gray, Iridescent Shades of Blue + Pink
- Stained Glass
- 3 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Indoor/ Outdoor
- Chemical Resistance
Shaken or Stirred?
Vatican City consumes more wine than any other country at 365 glasses per year, per person.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersis this more of a black or a brown?BEST ANSWER: the dark tiles are more black and gray, the brown in the picture is probably more gray in person. The translucent tiles are more blue than pink as well.What is the thickness of this product?BEST ANSWER: This product is 3 mm thick.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.