Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Lotus Alfresco Glass and Stone Tile
This gorgeous mosaic is composed of marble, pearl, stainless steel and porcelain filled crushed glass. Each glass chip is hand pressed and then hand filled with colored crushed glass to create an intensely faceted surface that will capture and reflect light, making it look like thousands of tiny twinkling diamonds. With the combination of pearl, stone, stainless steel and crushed glass this tile is great to use as a backsplash or in any decorated spot in your home.
- Chip Size
- 1x1 + 1"X3/4"
- Sheet Size
- Bardiglio + White + Light Green + Gray + Silver
- Stone + Pearl + Porcelain Shell Filled Crushed Glass + Stainless Steel
Shaken or Stirred?
Abraham Lincoln has a well-known bourbon named in his honor. "Honest Abe" grew up in Kentucky, and the name of his boyhood farm was Knob Creek Farm. It's still a major tourist spot in Kentucky, but because he's known for his Springfield, Illinois roots (where his tomb and presidential library are), it's not well known that Knob Creek Bourbon was named to honor him and his Kentucky roots.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 9 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreFor a kitchen backsplash with navy lower cabinets and white upper cabinets. Gonna be gorgeous!Gwynne M on Feb 16, 2017For shower accentLinda B on Jan 16, 2017For a kitchen backsplash with navy lower cabinets and white upper cabinets. Gonna be gorgeous!Gwynne M on Feb 16, 2017Can I use this on the shower floor?BEST ANSWER: I wouldn't think so....if I remember correctly the mother of pearl is 1/8th of an inch thick approximately. I used it as a back splash in my master bath sink area. I love it as it matches everything in my design. I have dark powder blue walls with white marble with blueish/grey streaks with chrome faucets. It blends with everything. I would think you would have to put a sealant top which would dull the shiney parts. Also do not think the tile could stand up to the body weight over a period of time. Syl
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.