Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Loft Super White Polished 4"x12" Glass Tile
These tiles are decorative and durable, making it a great back drop. The glass tile will reflect the lights in the room giving it a fresh, clean and brighter look. This tile should also give it a more distinct look.
- Chip Size
- 4" x 12"
- Sheet Size
- 3 pieces per square foot
- 1 sq. ft.
- 8 mm
- MOHS (Scratch Resistant)
- Shade Variation
- Chemical Resistance
- Breaking Strength
- > 100 lbs.
Shaken or Stirred?
Alcohol does not destroy brain cells. In fact, the moderate consumption of alcohol is often associated with improved cognitive functioning.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 13 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StorePerfect for my kid's bathroom! Clean and modern, and easy to clean!Elizabeth B on Nov 18, 2016Nice bright white color whereas other tiles we looked at had more of a blue or brown toneSara M on Oct 18, 2015When installed, does this tile appear true white or does it have a grey or green tint?BEST ANSWER: It has a grey tint. I can send you a picture of the finished bathroom if desired. I added a red glass accent tile which friends liked. The cabinet is grey, the floor tiles white with a slight gray grain running through it. I'm very happy with my bathroom!
Paula B.Can I use sanded grout with these tiles if I am using 3/16" spacers? I understand some glass tiles are damaged by sanded grout, but sanded is best for spacers larger than 1/8".BEST ANSWER: Initially I would say you can't use sanded grout because of the risk of scratching. But I would take a few scraps and try the sanded grout on them that should give you your answet.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.