Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Loft Horizon Smokey Taupe Frosted 2x16 Glass Tile
Make your back splash the kitchens, bathroom or decorated room focal point by using the striking 2x16 tile. Add some color and style to your decor! This should give it a more distinct look. These glass tiles will add a durable lasting beauty and value to your bathroom, kitchen, fireplace, or pool installation. The color is painted on the back of the tile so it will not scratch or chip off. You can also use this as a finishing or border of your project.
- Chip Size
- 2" x 16"
- 1.11 sq. ft. per unit (5 pieces)
- 8 mm
- MOHS (Scratch Resistant)
- Shade Variation
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- < 0.5%
- Breaking Strength
- > 100 lbs.
Shaken or Stirred?
The history of absinthe is a cocktail of myth, conjecture and controversy. A turn-of-the-twentieth-century favorite of artists and writers, the spirit was banned in the United States in 1912 because it was believed to be hallucinogenic. Just a few years ago, it once again became legal in America to buy the high-alcohol, anise-flavored liquor.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.